Sunday, May 15, 2011

In The Beginning I Had a Middle

I admit, I have wanted to lose weight for the last 5 years, excluding the 9 months I was pregnant with Sunshine. I even started a blog similar to this at one point. But basically all I've done is stay the same or gain weight.
So what makes this one different? Well a bunch of different things. I've been reading lots of books on weight loss, especially those about the health benefits of organics. This also includes everything Jillian Michaels wrote and recently listening to her podcast (expect JM to come up a lot.)
While reading got me part way, the rest was simply a massive desire for change and a few places that encouraged me to change.
First, I was listening to a JM podcast while on the Wii Fit on Friday and a caller asked a question about weight loss but first made a comment. The woman was 200 lbs and about 5 inches shorter than me. The woman stated she had a long journey and JM stopped her. JM told her in no uncertain terms that it wasn't that long and could be done in 3 months.
The woman probably had the same amount of weight to lose as I do. Which means I could do it if I wanted to.
Another thing that hit me was watching the Biggest Loser. No, not the most recent one (although I watch that too) but last night I started watching Season 1 on Hulu Plus. I didn't start watching BL until season 8, so this is a first run for me. With the current shows, everyone has been well over 100+ lbs from their goal weight. With the popularity of the show, it is not a big surprise. But the first season didn't have the fame and took what they could get. Most of the people on were in the 200s and most of them had between 50 to 100 lbs to lose. Some had more, others had less. For the most part, these were people who were where I am right now.
So I am going to do it. Lose 60 lbs in 3 months. So here are my starting stats:
Weight: 219 lbs.
Measurements:
Neck: 16 in
Left arm: 14.25 in.
Right arm: 14.5 in.
Chest: 42.5 in.
Waist: 44 in.
Hips: 48 in.
Left Leg: 24 in.
Right Leg: 26 in.
Ok. Wow. Ok. So here are my goals and my rewards.
Ultimate Goal: Lose 60 lbs.
Ultimate Reward: Own my first bikini since childhood.
Monthly Goal: Lose 20 lbs.
Monthly Reward: New pants and/or shirts.
Weekly Goal: Lose 5 lbs.
Weekly Reward: Still not sure...
Daily Goal: Eat around 1500 calories and burn at least 1000 calories.
Daily Reward: Watch an episode of Biggest Loser.
This will record my eating, my calories burned and most importantly, my emotions as I go through this. I don't promise it will easy (in fact I doubt it will be easy at all)  but that is the plan and it will be here for you to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment