Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Not Giving In

This morning was, to put it nicely, a disaster. In the span of 1 hour, we had tantrums (yes multiple), fights (yes multiple) and ended up with Beautiful G being about 5 minutes late for school.

After we dropped her off, it was so tempting to stop and get fast food. I had all my typical reasons. I was hungry (I wasn't, I was stressed, I had breakfast before we left). The weather sucks today and I knew that more than anything, I wanted McDonald's. And it isn't exactly out of my way. Since it's only a few blocks from my house.

But I didn't. I didn't give in. We went straight home. And it felt so good. It felt good to pass it up and know I could. It's probably the 4th or 5th thing I've done in the last week that is toward my health goal instead of away from it. I have been right at my calorie range every day. I've been exercising every day. And I passed on one of my biggest, hardest things. It is empowering to know that I'm really making the right steps.

Now to avoid giving in for lunch or dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment